Interior of STA Church

Interior of STA Church
All Class Reunion Day, September 30, 2012. Photo courtesy: Dan Carr (Class of 1960)

Monday, November 15, 2010

STA Poetry

At our 50th Reunion, Tom McGrath brought his 1960 STA autograph book.  Flipping through the pages, I remembered how "witty" we thought we were with our catch phrases and four-line poems.  It made me look for my book -- which I remembered seeing about 15 years ago!  Well, I just found it.   If you still have your book, perhaps you would share some of the pearls of wisdom written inside?  Just click on "comments" below and add your personal witticisms!  Be sure to let us know who wrote it.

Being no poet
Having no fame
Permit me only
To sign my name.
Lynn Kryzak

I'll write on white
And be polite
And save the yellow
For some rude fellow.
Diane Hallinan, Lucy Amore

Down in the valley
Carved in a tree
Two little words
"Remember me."
Mary Kinahan

There are gold ships
And there are silver ships
But the best kind of ship
Is friendship.
Patti Carroll

The following was written in a circle:
A ring is round and has no end that's how long I'll be your friend.
Carole Keough

When the golden sun is setting
And your feet no longer trod,
May your name in gold be written
In the autograph of God.
Violet Scalese

Yours 'til the United States drinks Canada Dry.
Linda Kovach

You may fall from a mountain
You may fall from above
But the best place to fall
Is to fall deep in love.

Yours 'til bobby pins get seasick riding on permanent waves,
Denise Walwin

There are red ships
And blue ships
But there is no ship
Like friendship
Cathy Houlihan

Written in the corners of the page:
It's silly....................to...................... read.................corners
Alex Martini

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I've never met
A nut like you.
Connie Schleimer

You asked me to write
What shall it be
Two little words
"Remember Me"
Antoinette Malizia, John McAuliffe

Rose are red
Violets are blue
Most people are smart
Why aren't you.
Francis Otto

Your 2 good
         2 be
         4 got 10
Marion Reister, John Rigney

I wish you health
Rockefeller's wealth
Einstein's knowledge
Through high school and college.
Carol Broderick

Out in the ocean
Carved in a rock
Are three little words
"Forget-me-not."
Betty Giangrego

Elaine for now
Elaine forever
McIntyre for now
But not forever.
Virginia Salemi

When you get married
And have a Ford
Give me a lift
On your running board.
Kathy Hughes "Juliet"

In a golden chain for friendship, consider me a link.
Lynette Vivacqua

I am no poet
And I have no fame,
So all I'll do
Is sign my name.
Phil Kelley

When you get married
And have 25,
Don't call it a family
Just call it a tribe.
Joan Nallen

Turned up nose
Black curly hair
The boys will go
For you, I swear.
Lucy Valentino

T'was in a restaurant they first met
Romeo and Juliet
T'was there that he got in debt
Rom-e-owed and Ju-li-et.
Joan Laughlin

A little bit of moonlight
A little bit of kisses
Makes a little maiden
Change her name to Mrs.
Diane Cullnan

I may be young
But take my advice
Don't let the same boy
Fool you twice.
Jan Stewart

O.....I.....C.....U.....R.....A.....Grad.....U.....8
Noreen Christie


Yours 'til Starved Rock gets a square meal! 
Donna Falco, "Cuddles"


Remember Grant
Remember Lee
But most of all
Remember me.
Rita Flanagan

Remember me in the tub
Remember me with every rub
When the suds be very hot
Wash them away but forget me not.
Janet Jankuski

________________
________________
________________
________________
Four lines from a lazy poet.
Mary Lynn McGuff

May this life bring you all the happiness you can stand
And only enough sorrow to show you the difference.
Maureen Rigney

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Sugar is sweet
And so are you.
Peggy Dernbach

And, of course, there were many "good lucks" and "best wishes."

No comments:

Post a Comment