Interior of STA Church

Interior of STA Church
All Class Reunion Day, September 30, 2012. Photo courtesy: Dan Carr (Class of 1960)

Friday, May 25, 2012

Note from a 1964 STA Alum

An unsolicited message from an attendee of the 2011 STA reunion:

I am a 1964 graduate of STA.  My maiden name is Kernaghan and have 3 sisters who also graduated from STA - Kathy in '66, Eileen in '58 and Julie in '57.  My husband and I attended the reunion Mass last year and are still talking about it.  The Church is so very beautiful and the community was so very welcoming.  Seeing the singing, swaying and clapping must have made some of the RSM nuns turn over in their graves.  How I remember getting poked in the back if I wasn't kneeling up straight!  We weren't able to attend the school tour, but have enjoyed looking at the photos on the website.
 
I've marked my calendar for September 30 and will pass on the information.  Thank you so very much for organizing this and being able to bring back wonderful memories.  It was a great parish and the neighborhood was like an extended family.

Rita Kernaghan Thornton
 
Rita we look forward to seeing you on September 30, thank you for your note.

No comments:

Post a Comment